Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 15:40
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanyyy
Doreen, I'm curious as to where you ordered the cod from? Sounds yummy!

Jean, I buy it from NutraFarms, which is a Canadian organic foods co-op for small family-run operations. To the best of my knowledge, they currently distribute mainly in Ontario .. but I just checked the website and they seem to now be available nation-wide. ?? Not sure. *Just to note* .. I don't work for them, nor am I a distributor! I just think the products and prices are great .. definitely cheaper than buying organic meats and other goods at retail stores. If anyone is interested, you can email them, or there's a 1-888 phone # on the website, and they'll give you a list of local distributors so you can make your own preference. I *think* they also will deliver straight to you if your order is over a certain amount. What I like is that there's no "minimum" order, so it's great for singles/couples. And another shameless plug ... they also sell environment-friendly household products too.

Specifically about ling cod (lingcod) .. what I was able to Google is that it's an ocean fish native to the Pacific northwest from California to Alaska, it's popular with sport-fishers and is available year round. It's not a true cod, but rather it's a species of greenling (as if that means anything to me ) Its other names are: cultus cod, blue cod, buffalo cod, green cod.

I have a hunch you'd be able to find it in BC at a fresh fish monger's shop, rather than a regular grocery .

As for me, I'll definitely order it again. It's delicious, and not too expensive!!

Not exactly the prettiest fish in the sea, is it?

Doreen