View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-28-11, 18:17

Plan: Keto
Stats: 279/206/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 92%

Molly take a deep breath lol =)

Induction is very simple. Eat as much as you like so long as you are eating less than 20 grams of carbohydrates per day. You don't digest fiber although it comes in the form of a carbohydrate so if you look at a package (broccolli for instance) and it says 5 grams of carbs below that it should say something like 3 grams of fiber. To you that means that that serving of broccolli has only 2 grams of carbs.

Other than that just eat foods with really really high fat contents, eggs, bacon, butter, sausages, steak etc. If you have something like ham you can put mayo on it to increase the fat content of your meal. It is best you stay above 70% fat calories, I am probably around 80% to be safe.

I like grilled chicken for instance, but the fat content isn't high enough so I will drink a pint of heavy cream with the meal (it is really quite good once you get use to very rich foods lol).

A few days in you might feel sick when your body runs out of carbs and decides it needs to start burning fat. It lasted about 2 days for me and it hit me like a fucking freight train. I had bad headaches and barely had enough energy to walk, basically I stayed in my bed for 2 days. After that it immediately gets better.

I personally have stayed on the induction phase for a little over 3 months now. A few days a week I probably hit 30 grams a day but its whatever.

Also one of my favorite meals is a pound of bacon pan-fried, pour out about half the bacon grease and throw in 4 or 5 eggs. Easy easy easy - good induction food. I put some cheese on top of course.