View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-18, 05:23

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

This forum has success stories sections but many of the experiences specific to Diabetes end up on the FB pages related to Dr. Westman's and Dr. Fung's clinic plans. I read stories like this everyday...

Quote:
Think you’re too old to reverse diabetes? Think again.
My dad is 85 years old with T2D. He’s been taking medication for over a decade. In April his FBS was over 250 and he was appropriately concerned. I urged him to adopted a ketogenic lifestyle and he was willing to try it. He read every book I gave him, changed his diet drastically and within less than a week, his BS had normalized (meaning, no more spikes but still above 140). His dr took him off glipizide that week. Since then he has lost 30 lbs, his A1C is now 5.7 and his fbs hovers around 100. His dr said he is no longer considered a diabetic. (We don’t agree with her YET...we’ll continue to work to get his A1C lower before we do the victory dance on diabetes’ lousy filthy head!)
Now my mother. She is 87 years old and has had T2D for nearly 30 years. During this time she has been morbidly obese thanks to carbage, insulin resistance and steroids for an autoimmune disease. One year ago her A1C was 11.0. In the spring she began this ketogenic lifestyle under duress and fully against her will. 😂 Since my dad and I are doing the shopping and cooking she doesn’t get the option to eat all the “healthy food” (ugh) recommended by the ADA. Yesterday she went to the dr and she has lost a whopping 42 lbs and her A1C is 6.6. We are over the moon excited and she is actually starting to believe that even SHE can beat diabetes! I’d also like to add that she has thyroid disease making this dramatic reversal that much more amazing.
When the dr asked what they were doing to lose weight/get control of their diabetes, my dad boldly declared, “Keto!” The doctors eyes widened and she said, “Ohhhh keto is perfect for diabetics!”
Keto works, y’all! HOORAY!!!