Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%
Default Doctors are only practicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by artp3377
"I'm really hoping my dr doesn't want to put me on any medication"
Are you not aware that you can say no? Say it with me, no,no, no!! See you can do it. Your doc will feign anger and wring her hands [she answers to the drug companies] but it is your body.BTW your numbers look fine to this layman.
Enjoy some red meat and eat eggs every day if you like them, both will make you a healthier, happier person. Do some research!!
be well
Art

Doctors are not gods. They only do what they're told by their owners. Also, I've watched the rules change with the tides over my lifetime. First coffee is good for you, then it's bad for you, then it makes no difference. That applies to cholesterol and a plethora of other issues.

Have you noticed that the only thing doctors do now is order tests and prescribe? It's rare to fine a doctor who listens to the patient - the person who knows him/herself better than the doctor. We are an educated public, thanks to the internet. While all we read online isn't true, at least we can look at multiple opinions and make informed decisions based on the data.

With HMOs we are forced to have a PCP. I interview mine, and if I don't like what I hear, I go to a different doctor. I tell them that I treat myself nutritionally if at all possible and that I will NEVER take a statin. If they don't like it, that's too bad. I cannot be forced into treatment. Quality of life, not quantity is what I choose.

Doctors are people we pay to take care of our bodies and help us stay healthy and they don't know everything. They're still practicing.

rant over