#98   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-11, 17:42

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollyb
I am also upset about PUFAs. No argument as to their harm, but I don't really like coconut oil much, maybe I should try expeller pressed instead of centrifuged. I do eat a lot of mayonnaise, and have tried over a dozen home mayo recipes, including those with a coconut/olive oil mix, and the taste of them makes ne nauseous. Maybe light olive oil would work? But isn't light olive oil supposed to be as bad as corn and soybean oils? I also eat too much deli fried chicken and other oil fried stuff.

I can't eat white potatoes because I am sensitive to all nightshades. In addition, many of the better foods Peat recommends are just not available here, even OJ is a problem. Is frozen concentrate made up with non-fluoridated water ok?

Beef can be a problem for me if eaten too frequently, so I also wondered if the porcine gelatin from Great Lakes would work as well as beef gelatin?

Where do you live?

I SOOO feel you on the mayo. I used to love it and have made it twice now with CO and olive oil. I really don't like it and it tastes NOTHING like Hellman's. My next step is to try it with light olive oil. I too wonder if it is just as bad as veg oil...

The fried chicken will be full of PUFAs. Sorry.

As long as OJ concentrate is fluoride free, it's okay.

Email Peat about the porcine gelatin/e. Beef is preferrable because it is low in PUFAs.