Thread: Breakfast
View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 05:14

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

This is the recipe I have used for years.. it called for a crust but I have since made it without using the same basic formula. I can't remember if I had to adjust the baking time at all or not. Just keep an eye on it the first time you make it because ovens can vary anyway.

Basic Quiche

2 cups any combo of shredded cheese or veggies, or fruit
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk or other liquid

Saute veggies if using them. Sprinkle on bottom of pieshell. Beat the rest of the ingredients and pour over the sauteed veggies. PLace pie in a 450 degree oven. Reduce heat to 375 and bake about 35 minutes.

For my favorite combos I like artichokes/mushroom/a white cheese of some sort, Tomato/soy bacon/ cheddar, Broccoli/cheddar, Tomatoes/basil/olives and feta and spinach/cheddar The combinations are really only limited by your imagination! I have never tried it but I would assume since fruit was listed you could add a little splenda, blueberries, vanilla extract, maybe ricotta for the cheese and use a vanilla protein shake for the liquid and make a nice fruity custard.

Jenn

Ps... forgot to add, for dinners I sometimes add soy sausage/cheddar or soy burger crumbles/green chilies/cheddar to the quiche and serve the latter with sour cream, salsa, black olives and green onions on the side for everyone to sprinkle on top.