#15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-21, 09:54

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
I've not had problem with dairy or eggs, I was raised on a dairy farm in CT that sold both milk and eggs. Some people can't handle these products, and as you write, keto can still be doable. But there are also many women (and men) in the keto groups where I still hang out who "stall" above goal, eating what may be too many allowed high-fat foods. "Keto"... however that is defined, just doesn't work for them. And they are complaining about it, and moving on.

When I decided to change the way I was eating in order to lose weight and improve my health the term "keto" was not in common usage. I called the way I decided to eat low carb, as it was usually referred to in the literature. I added paleo to the way I ate because paleo made sense to me. That idea came from a book called "Neanderthin" by Ray Audette. I think people sometimes get hung up on the rules of a given dietary plan without understanding that the better they understand the thinking behind the "diet" the better able they will be to tweak it for their particular circumstances. Keto seems to mean different things to different people. However it may be defined by someone it is better to treat it as a starting point and not as a religion to be followed without deviation if it is not accomplishing the goal which they have set.

I used to eat eggs and dairy and was especially sad to have to give up my delicious homemade yogurt but I enjoy the feeling of a reliable gut more than I enjoy the taste of either and especially more than I enjoy the symptoms they cause.