View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-20, 10:02

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Let's see...this started out to be about WW?

I have to say that WW works. You can go online and read all the testimonials! They count thousands and thousands of people who have enjoyed success with WW. And on the whole, once WW got past the early days (when I tuned in--70s), the prescribed eating has been healthy, through all its variations over the years.

But wait! What about the thousands and thousands of dropouts and recidivists and disappointed failures? Never hear about 'em.

Lately I've been noticing a good many ads for NOOM--apparently an app-based healthy eating program, designed for people whose entire lives are tracked on their phones. Why not? Good accountability. Many will succeed. Many will not.

When it comes to weight management, everything works...for a while...for those who actually work the plan.

Finding the one that works forever...for you...takes heroic commitment, IMHO.
You're up against the entire American-driven food culture, the medical and pharmaceutical powers, your own social network, and your own inner demons. Man, that is tough!

So here we are, cheerleaders for each other. That's pretty good. Much better IMHO than those guiltifying WW weigh-ins, nagging lectures, progressively more restrictive plans.
Sponsored Links