View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 18:30

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 184/168/154 Female 5ft 8 in
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome aboard DONNA3. As I think you will find with this board and many of the other suport sites that reflect Suzanne's plan, when yu find someone that believes in her philosophy-you have found a buddy.

For me personally, I gave tis a half hearted try about 2 yrs ago. I went into it with the wrong mindset though-focusing on what I couldn't eat/drink. For me the "line in the sand" items were carrots, potatoes and my wine. So thinking with that mindset-Somersizing wasn't for me.

This time around-my mindset is different. This time I am focusing on what I CAN eat. I laughed outloud when I read your comment about 'real butter'. You are soo right. I often find myself reaching for the 'alternatives' out of force of habit. The taste is so different.

Anyway the Atkins-LOW carb plan was not for me for several different reasons. Since I have turned to this WOE-I am down 10lbs-which is way beyond any success I have experienced with any other plan. I have been onboard with SS about 3 weeks.

I still have my cheats-but I can take them in context.

My MIL stopped by last night as I was prepping dinner. I offered her some of my spag squash casserole-which is awesome and incredabilly rich. She said, "You always cook this way." I countered with now I can do it and still lose since I am somersizing. My husband said, "Somersizing is just another gimic." I responded, "Any GIMIC that helps me shed 10 lbs and eat like this is FINE with me-SIGN ME ON"

So keep the faith. Read the posts, and go to the other support sites for her WOE.

Good luck!!