#99   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 16:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 135/125/120
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Still Going Strong

Hi Mischa & Company,

Sorry I haven't written for a bit - I've had two major projects due and now I'm officially out of the woods. I'm happy to report that I've now been off the nicotine gum for 15 days and I'm starting to feel MUCH better. Also, I haven't gained any weight (so far - keeping my finger crossed!).

Mischa, the website you turned me on to mentioned all the withdrawal symptoms I would experience and when to expect them to lighten up. Just by reading that I would probably only have one physical craving by day 10 really helped me get through the worst of it. I have had to deal with my psychological cravings much more - I really like to reward myself after completing a project with a cig or some form of nicotine. But, after looking at that website, I'm truly convinced I can do this! Thanks so much for the info. I am also chewing TONS of "Extra" gum for now.

Also, thanks for the info on Malitol. I was very concerned that it would break down into one of those "hidden carbs" you hear about. Take care all and here's to our fantastic accomplishment with our nicotine demon!!!