View Single Post
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 15:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/211/175
BF:
Progress: 18%

Wow, what a great site! I came here because I just started the Atkins diet and found this section of the forums.
I quit smoking two years ago yesterday using the gum. I went from the gum to regular gum (Extra, bubble gum flavor). I chewed like 20 pieces a day. After about 6 months I found that my toungue was very, very sore. I couldnt eat anything remotely spicey or hot. I then switched to Breathsavers and would roll them in my mouth hold them in my front teeth and whatnot to ease that anxiety type feeling. I was able to pull it off.
About a month ago I started chewing nico gum again, which it sounds like I will have to stop for the diet. Was stupid of me to start again, but I was going through kind of a down time, I guess you might say. I really like having something to suck on and found a post about cinnamon sticks, I think I will give this a try.
I smoked for 25+ years, I had asmtha as a young person and we got a cat and I found that I was asthma allergic to it. Oh, forgot, I am not known as smart Anyway I was waking up and hacking down a cig, it would take like half a cig before I could take a full pull, knew I had to stop. Was a great motivator, but hard on my lungs