View Single Post
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-19, 12:38

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Nawchem, I don't know if I'm a lot stronger! I could do a full plank for 30 seconds when I was doing it wrong, but when I moved my hands back under my shoulders, it shifted my whole center of gravity and neither my abs nor my arms could get much father than 15. Yikes. And I'm not super weak: I regularly lift my 50 lb. dog.

Mojolissa, as you begin to feel better, I would recommend (based on my own personal experience, I'm not a PT or doctor) trying out some very beginner Pilates. It's focus is on building core strength, which is what you need to support your back. Be careful about which program you choose. The original Pilates was developed as a physical therapy program and the basics would be suitable. But they lost their trademark protection and now anyone can use the name, so there's a lot of "sort-of Pilates" stuff out there (Windsor Pilates, etc.), much of which is designed as more vigorous workouts. The book I suggested in the other thread is a good option.

Goal: Build some muscle, increase my flexibility and do PT for my ankle

Feb. - 24/28 days

Mar. 1 - Modified Beg. Pilates
Mar. 2 - Bodyweight Strength Training W2D12
Mar. 3 - switched to the Beginner Pilates and added side kicks (there are a bunch more moves in the regular beginner plan and I plan to add maybe one a week until I'm doing the full beginner plan
Mar. 4 - Bodyweight Strength Training W2D13
Mar. 5 - Beginner Pilates
Mar. 6 - Bodyweight Strength Training W2D15 (Switched to all upper body. Nearly got the better of me.)
Mar. 7 - Beginner Pilates
Mar. 8 - Bodyweight Strength Training W2D16