View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-22, 05:30

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Been too busy to explore other sites, but 23andme sends periodic updates. Like Neanderthal content, which is typically European, as in more than other continents, which makes sense.

Also this stairstep generations chart, which shows which ancester, how far back. Like I have 2nd/3rd generation of my first “area of origin”, which is 65% of my genome, and 4th/5th are the 25%, and the next one is 7/8, with my fractional ancestors that are single percentages.

I can see how people are fascinated. And yes, I think finding criminals with relatives’ DNA is okay. It might be embarassing, but this exploration has illuminated how diverse our human inheritance.

It doesn’t make us who we are, but it does give us different kinds of starts.

I have been researching all the explosion of science when it comes to the subject of neuro-diversity. Even DH, who is left-handed, can fit the definition. So many exceptions to the standardized criteria we call Normal. But now we know each person has some version of their own, and it can vary widely and still work well.

Which is why I worry about DNA being used for wrongful purposes. That’s my only ethical qualm about it, and I am keeping it out of “the pool” though my curiosity is as strong as anyone.

If I need to release it to bring a criminal to justice, I’d be happy to do so. Then I’d write a book about it