#1040   ^
Old Tue, Apr-14-15, 12:04

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
I'm a retired chef and I'm still trying to visualize "buttered cheese." Makes me feel kinda goofy . I mean, do you just eat cheese and butter in the same mouthful or do you use a food processor or grater to mix them like pimento cheese? I'm really having a "duh" moment.

After you share your method and since you seem to really understand the science side of this, doesn't the addition of the butter also lower the insulinogenic effect of the cheese?

Yup, I just put butter on cheese and then I eat it. I think the butter will actually increase the amount of insulin secreted per gram of protein, just like it would with carbohydrate--but I end up eating less grams of protein, so it ends up being less insulinogenic in the end.

I've wondered if things would work as well if I put the cheese and butter through a food processor or something. If you take a mouse, and feed it carbohydrate, fat and protein separately, it's not fattening, and usually the mouse will choose a high-fat diet, depending on the strain. But if you make a high fat chow, with a little sugar, the animal gets fat. So what happens when an animal prefers fat--but isn't offered a pure fat source?