View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-15, 17:47

Plan: Self-designed
Stats: 158/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Thanks, Liz and JEY.

I know my posts are very long compared to the rest of what's out there, but I figure there are about a hundred zillion other people out there writing similar things, so the people who like my style can stick around, and the ones who don't...well, they can go find someone else. Oddly enough, based on an uptick in page views and more people leaving comments, not too many people are turned off by the length. (And the ones who are? Well, maybe they're not my best audience anyway. If someone's looking for someone to sum up a complex medical condition in 100 words or less, I'm probably not their gal.) That being said, the biggest jumps in page views always come when Robb Wolf posts a link on Twitter or Facebook...imagine that. One little mention from RW is good for a couple thousand views.

I write what I want to write about, in the way I want to write about it, and it's icing on the (low-carb) cake that anyone out there has stumbled onto my blog -- and even more amazing that people come back for more, haha!

Seriously, though, the person who probably learns the most from my blog is ME. They say that the way to really learn something is to teach it to someone else. And that's kind of what my blog has become. A community college-type class in whatever topic strikes my fancy at that particular time.