#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-18, 19:26

Plan: <30 gm C, NP, High Fat
Stats: 210/190/172 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default New to Forum

Hi!

I have been low carbing since last September. My son lost ~70 pounds in about one semester and I needed to lose some weight so I thought I would try it. I am a physician and my training has been that saturated fat is evil. If one wanted to lose weight, it must be done on a low fat calorie restricted diet. Then I started reading and looking at the research. We have all been duped. Not only is being keto a great way to lose weight, but it decreases your risk for cardiovascular disease, inulin resistance/Diabetes, inflammation and a whole host of metabolic anomalies. I recently had my lipids and lab work done, and they were stellar. I had a heart scan and my calcium score was 114 (bottom edge of moderate 100-400 is moderate). I'm glad I happened on this. CV disease runs in my family. Now I know the truth as to what really increases the risk and a high carb diet is number one. I'm building a website to share the information to others I can help. It's difficult to get other doctors to believe the truth. MyScottyLowCarb.com
Sponsored Links