View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-21, 06:41

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

I don't think the ingredients sound so bad. It's mostly soy and oil plus binders:

Quote:
Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% Or Less Of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Mixed Tocopherols (Antioxidant), Soy Protein Isolate, Vitamins and Minerals (Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12).

I have a friend who eats a "plant-based diet" and she loves Impossible products. She can go out to a restaurant even here in our small town and have a burger. She likes their sausage too. Having been out to lunch with her, and watch her try to avoid even normal things on salads that servers often forget to leave off like cheese, or having a dismal sandwich of mushrooms and condiments, I think these products are excellent for people who want to eat like this. I've never tried them because I avoid soy, but she eats stuff like tofu all the time. To each their own.

I respect Bill Gates for all he's doing in terms of world health. His perspective is very different from his work in poorer countries from that of the average person or even our policymakers. I don't think we have to worry about anyone forcing us to eat "synthetic beef" any time soon.