View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-12-01, 18:46

Plan: Low Glycemic Index
Stats: 171/174/133
BF:
Progress: -8%

Thanks guys for all the replies.

OK. It could be the exercise, although it is all aerobic not weight building as such and I have only been doing it for about a week (is this long enough that it could be the problem?)

I do still have that kinda "old fashioned" attitude that less is more! and when I saw the scales not going down (and indeed going up) I suppose I did restrict intake a bit, but STILL kept a lot of fat in the diet (just ate less). I have found that on this diet I am not as hungry at each meal, so only need to eat a little anyway. But I have been surfing around and have found low carb recipes as substitutes for high-carb foods, such as LC cheesecakes (3g per portion) and the like. I have been tucking into these things alongside all the other foods like meat and fish etc, but only up to a daily allowance of 20g (+3L water per day).

I have been told to cut the veggies, cream and cheese for a few days and see what happens. I feel a bit panicked at the moment cos when I read Atkins' book I had this little thought in the back of my mind that I would be in the small %age of people for whom this doesn't work. It would fit in with the fact that no other diet seems to shift weight of my anymore.

But I am NOT going to give up because for one thing I understand the science behind this WOE. It makes a lot more sense to me now than just cutting calories and putting your body into a fat storing mode!

Oh and BTW, no prescription meds, just the ones from the nutritionist doctor (the lactobac etc).

Thanks again for any advice.

Lottie