#1350   ^
Old Fri, Sep-25-20, 11:38

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Dr fung.....

Quote:
‘Calories Out’ does not change in response to ‘Calories In’. It’s a well established scientific fact that following most calorie restriction diets result in a lower basal metabolism that requires less caloric expenditure. If you’re burning fewer calories in response to eating fewer calories, then body fat may not be reduced at all

I'm looking to raise BMR. I'm terrified it has been decreased.

https://thefastingmethod.com/how-to...ht-thermometer/

Quote:
This is analogous to reducing calories to lose weight because~it completely ignores the BSW. Suppose our BSW is set at 200 pounds, but we want to weight 170 pounds. Conventional advice tells us to cut 500 calories per day to lose 1 pound per week. Initially weight goes down to 185 pounds, but then our appestat kicks in to make us gain weight. We become more hungry and basal metabolism slows in order to regain the weight. So we try even harder by cutting more calories. But our body responds by further slowing our metabolism. We continually fight against ourselves in an ultimately futile attempt to lose weight. Well, that didn’t work. What is a simpler solution? Turn down the appestat or BSW. How to do that? Read on, my friend.

Quote:
But obesity is~by definition a disease caused by too much insulin – hyperinsulinemia. If you are obese, it’s because insulin prevailed over leptin. As the fat cells stay over-filled, they produce more and more leptin in an attempt to fight insulin. This should help in the Battle Royale. And it does, often for decades. However, the root problem of hyperinsulinemia has not been solved (eating too much sugar, too many refined carbohydrates, eating constantly), so insulin also continues to march higher. And persistent high levels of hormones result in resistance. Eventually, persistent, high levels of leptin cause leptin resistance.~Persistent high levels of insulin cause insulin resistance. But just as true –~persistent high leptin levels cause leptin resistance.

WOww

Quote:
The key to combating obesity, then is to help in the Insulin vs Leptin fight by~lowering insulin. Everything depends upon it. Leptin is already maxed out. The only thing left is to lower insulin. How to do that? Well

Eat less sugar

Eat less refined grains

Moderate protein and high natural fats

Don’t eat all the time (time restricted eating or intermittent fasting). Stop snacking

Eat real unprocessed foods (lower in insulin effects)

Funny. That’s precisely the sort of no-nonsense advice your grandmother would have given.

If I am understanding this, by decreasing or eliminating foods that raise insulin, and leptin has a bigger effect, body weight can decrease.. .....and the body resets it's "normal" set body weight.

Where does BMR fit?