Thread: Antibiotics
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-13, 10:46

Plan: Atkins, Anti-Candida diet
Stats: 128/121.2/118 Female 5'5"
BF:hip/waist ratio
Progress: 68%

yeah, I know how desperate yeast issues can make you. And how yeast problems lower the quality of life down to pretty much NOTHING.

I am not a doctor, but from my own experience:

First, what I always do for my sore throat: get sage tea , that is great for sore throats. Does the pain "travel" around your throat, such as spreading to the sides and/or goes down into your upper and lower respiratory track? Is your throat very sore and it's painful to swallow upon waking up, and it's getting worse little by little every day? If this is happening, then most likely you have a bacterial infection...

Second, start taking mega doses of multivitamin. Especially Vit.C. 3000mg or more daily.The brand I have a great experience with is Nature's Plus - Source of Life. Also, start eating raw garlic. Two cloves a day: pealed and shredded , swallow with water. Garlic will boost your immune system and help with battling whatever bug you have.

Third, if you start taking antibiotics, make sure you are taking high doses o probiotics 3-4 hours after you've taken antibiotics...this way, you will maintain your good gut flora during the treatment. Do you have an experience with boric acid? I use it all the time for vaginal yeast infections. It works like a charm.

Can you go back to your doctor and request a swab test of your throat? Tell him you are concerned it's just a virus and that you don't want to take yet another round of antibiot....he/she should understand that.