Thread: LC Our Way #3
View Single Post
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-18, 07:26

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig, now you stay out of that diet food! I can't imagine you eating it. How were the thin cut steaks? Glad your DD got some clothes and you got some good prices on them!

Lori- Sorry to hear about the rain. I know that is cutting into your golfing time for sure. It has been a wet summer! Good on you for getting back to the gym!

Jaz- Sounds like they are working you hard at work. Strange and not great that you sent a request about a raise for the extra work you are doing and you got no response from anyone. That isn't very professional. Maybe you can set up a meeting time if you continue to be getting more work at the same pay level.

We are doing fine! This morning is our last bit of Montreal and then we start the drive over to Quebec City. We had a great day yesterday. We had reservations for brunch at a place called Jardin Nelson and it was SO PRETTY! It was on a beautiful square and the restaurant had TONS of beautiful flowers and greenery, and live jazz in the back courtyard. The meal was outstanding. Now I am going to talk non-LC food because I don't do that much on vacation so if that bothers you, just look away. lol We shared our meal and dessert: I had a seafood crepe with shrimp, lobster and scallops and he had a crepe with duck, cranberries and orange. They were both really good. I think I might have liked the duck a little more, and he liked mine a little more! Then we shared the best and most delicious dessert of the trip as of yet- it is called "poor man's pudding" but obviously in French. OMG outstanding.

From there we walked over to the Old Port and checked it out. It was okay. Touristy. We did play a game that had us competing and laughing out loud- it was really fun. I WON. lol

Following that we took the Metro over to McGill college because I really wanted to see an art piece called The Illuminated Crowd. It was really something else. DS didn't really know what to expect and I think he was pretty blown away and glad we had gone.

By this point it was nearing 4 and we were both a little tired from the day before. DS's ankle was bothering him a bit and my feet weren't SUPER happy in the sandals I was wearing. The sneakers from The Walking Company appear to be my best bet for this week.

We ate here in the condo a little before 7 and then headed over to the Basilique Notre Dame for the show AURA. Doors opened at 7:40. It was really amazing. Better than I had anticipated. We both thought it was a trip highlight. From there, we decided to go hit a bar that our tour guide had recommended in China Town. DS is legal in Canada- drinking age is 18. So we did that, it was ok but not great. Then we headed over to "The Village" or otherwise also called "The Gay Village" and it was super fun. Great vibe, TONS of people. Picture this: there are these small globe things strung across the width of the street. One string after another. Well, this goes on for BLOCKS. It forms a rainbow over the street. Really really cool. We walked the length of the village and took it all in, then stopped for a snack and honestly to people watch. I could have stayed there for hours!

Here's a cool pic or two of the rainbow lights above the street in the village:
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ro4..._IMG_5504.0.jpg

http://images.dailyhive.com/2017060.../gayvillage.jpg

We took the metro back and got 'home' to the condo around midnight. It had been a full but wonderful day, around 21,000 steps. We have done a lot in Montreal and enjoyed every second. Never took our car out from the time we got here!

We have a brunch reservation at 11:30 and then will get the car out and head off on our drive to Quebec City. It will be about 3 hours but likely longer if we stop in a town or two along the way.