View Single Post
  #829   ^
Old Thu, May-26-22, 09:39

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Trying to reset my mood. I had a rough day emotionally yesterday. The school shooting is just so freaking upsetting and I am so tired of that just being something that happens, that we are expected to just accept as a fact of life and nothing that we can do anything about. That is just wildly unacceptable as a response.

Then of course DH had taken his mom to the funeral of her sister and was texting updates and such from that. Theresa was a truly nice person and I don't think I allowed myself to acknowledge that loss and passing. So yeah, just a rough day, plus being overtired and so on. Didn't make great choices.

Today is a new day and I have been sitting out here on the back porch for a long time, just being quiet and resetting myself to the day and getting myself in the right frame of mind. It has helped tremendously, I think. I hope!

Jaz- Thanks for the timeline. I like knowing what is going on. I hope that wasn't annoying to you! Once again, you are making the move with a positive attitude. I love that about you and honestly I admire it. I feel like I am person who likes change and also gets discombobulated by it as well. I like to be alone and sometimes am my own worst enemy in that way. You balance it all well.

I also really have to give you kudos for how you are managing with your Mom and her health issues. Moving closer will be a challenge for sure but I think you are have your head in the right place of knowing it will be hard and choosing to overlook certain things so that you will have no regrets. Excellent.

Can't wait to see pics of the new furniture. I love the color palette you have chosen!

Trig- looking forward to an update from you when you get a chance. I know you are so busy with all the house stuff happening at the lake house. You will be so glad when that is finished!

Lori- Can you even believe you are having to type that your feet were blocks of ice and it is almost June? OMG? I am sitting out here on the porch in a sweatshirt. C'mon already! Congrats to DGS though!

When in DE I toss Sophie into the laundry room for overnights. She has a bed in there at night. I just value my sleep too much to let her call the shots! I feel a little guilty about it but not enough to change it!

RIBEYES and steaks- tons of good meat sales happening at local groceries. I will be stocking up on ribeye and porterhouse here and have my DH doing the same for the deep freezer in MD. He will be happy to do it bc he loves steak!

Okay, so signing off. In a better frame of mind already. There is a blue heron in the pond and I am sitting here watching it as I type. I am lucky and grateful. I'll be here for about a week and a half and some good beach days are coming while I am here. Not quite yet, but in the next few days. I intend on enjoying them!

Thanks for being here, friends! xoxo