Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Goals for January 2 through March 31

1) Stop eating whey protein
2) Avoid all snacking between meals & after dinner
3) Get most of my fat from food (limit the added fats)
4) Basically return to the < 30 net carb, high fiber diet I was doing in 2016.
5) Eat less at dinnertime (Starting February 1)

Met all goals: 50 days
Off Target: 5 days

I again logged my 3 meals yesterday. 24 net carbs, 24g fiber, 64% of calories from fat, 173g protein and 2500 calories. I did my usual 2 mile walk at lunch and DD3 (Kelsey) and I stopped by the Y on the way home from work to do upper body weight training. She is becoming quite the gym rat. Weight lifting is not my favorite pastime, so it really helps to have a motivated lifting buddy pushing me on.

Nearly 10 months ago Kelsey graduated college and became employed in the marketing dept at the plant where I work. Since then we have been very consistence about getting our weight lifting in at the Y - 2 or 3 days per week. Consistency has made a big difference. Even at my age (57) I have managed to add significant muscle and strength. I'm lifting 50% heavier weight than I did when we first started. Unfortunately, much of my new muscle bulk this hidden under some regained fat. I was down a pound this morning, but that's just a drop in the bucket. I am finding rekindled motivation to keep working hard. I want to shed some of that fat to expose some of my hard work at the gym.

This 90 challenge is a huge help in keeping me focused on my goals. Every time I've taken a break from it I've paid the price. This one is going well. I'll be here for the next one and the next one as well.