View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-19, 02:04

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

I would also like to add that I’ve always been self conscious in a bathing suit, regardless of my size. The last time I remember not cringing about swimsuit season was when I was in the third grade.

I live in Japan, where I weighed at least double the size of an average women. Just a few years ago I was 260 pounds and I made a choice and decided that I didn’t want my kids to remember their mom as someone who watched from the sidelines. I forced myself to focus on them and not on my discomfort. It worked and I’ve enjoyed making tons of memories. We are at the pool or beach all the time! Now I’ve made it halfway to my goal and guess what. I feel just as uncomfortable in my skin as I did before. Maybe worse because I’m 38 and have tons of lose skin. I’m 60 pounds down and sometimes I don’t see any differences when I look in the mirror. But I keep putting on my bathing suit and focusing on making good memories. My mind hasn’t caught up with my body but that’s okay. The more you put on your bathing suit, the easier it gets and the more memories you can make!!