#35   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-20, 08:44

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Nothing , Bob? No change at all? Perhaps sweets were not your carb of choice...?

My teens find foods " too sweet" now. Not that that stops the consumption of a cupcake. Its just sweeter to them both. And they are not as LC as I try to be.

Donuts, cakes, brownies, cookies, grape juice, etc. used to be my downfall.

Being Italian I love macaroni, but don't eat it anymore, and potatoes fried in bacon grease used to be sublime. But of course, those aren't sweets.

I went on vacation to Austria last year, and when I travel overseas, I break my WOE but in moderation. I wan't to taste what they are famous for, and Austria has some very famous desserts. They were absolutely yummy.

The only downside was I caught the first cold I've had in 15 years. When I got home I had one day of runny nose, one day of cough and that was it.

Being in Keto is good for the immune system (so I've read in multiple trusted sources).

I gained a couple of pounds in that two week vacation, but it didn't last long after I got home.

I did better the year before in Australia for 5 weeks. Most of the foods they called home weren't desserts. I don't think we ate any sweets there.

My DW has had taste changes after keto, but I guess I'm not like most folks. (That's OK with me.)

Bob