View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 13:58
Registered Member

Plan: Curves for Women
Stats: 208/189/130 Female 5 ft 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default AMAZING Hamburger buns 1.2 CARBS!!!

I've been recently lurking on another low carb message boad and found this recipe that has literally pages and pages of raves about this recipe. I emailed the recipe owner and asked if it was OK to bring it over here and she said go ahead!

"These beat the heck outta the revolution rolls for bread. They are moist and chewy like bread and they won't stick to your fingers!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You will actually use only 1 tbsp of the mix in your waffle iron, so that they come out in a circle shape instead of the square! I didn't count the number of buns I got, but it was a lot! Sorry about that.

The neat thing too.....the little squares hold in the mayo and mustard!!! No dripping! LOL"
---------------------------------------------------
Sherrie's Savory Burger Bun

*Preheat the waffle iron

1 8oz Pkg cream cheese
3 eggs
3 tsp Splenda
1/2 cup Atkins Bake Mix
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1/4 cup buttermilk

Beat cream cheese with mixer until blended smooth, add the remaining ingredients. Spray pan with a light coat of olive oil flavored non stick spray and pour in pan about 1 tbps of mix. It will make a perfect round bun! You can freezed them and reheat them in the toaster! My hubby says this is the best bread yet.

It should come out to about 1 carb per bun!
Nutiritional Info Via Fitday
Calories Total: 72
Fat: 6 70%
Sat: 3 39%
Poly: 0 5%
Mono: 2 20%
Carbs: 1.2 6%
Fiber: .11 0%
Protein: 4 24%

Source: sherrielee

These are EXCELLENT!!! I made them monday and have tweaked the recipe a bit so I can use it as waffles and tortillas.. I've missed bread and this is great!!
Sponsored Links