View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-19, 11:11

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

for what its worth....
Years ago now I read an autobiography that has forever left its mark on my thoughts about dairy.

This woman wrote about her grandmother. How she was the village healer and the writer as a young girl during WWI learned much in rural Lithuania.

Her grandmother could heal many ills, including gangrene. Amazing in a time before antibiotics. She handled many ills during wartime when razorwire was everywhere.

She depended on raw milk products as treatments. But not as food. Rather bandages were soaked in milk and wrapped on the affected area. After treatment, wraps were washed and hung to dry in the sun. I cant remember for sure, but cows milk comes to mind. This would be grassfed, local breeds, usually small statured cows.

I often think of this learned woman, and her cautionary word that milk is not for people. I wish I could jump back in time and learn why, or at least learn what worked, even if the why is elusive.

Bottom line. She started me questioning the push to feed milk to children, and that dairy is not for everyone. And be on the lookout for health problems fueled by dairy products.