#11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-18, 08:52

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapluvr1
Husband just got out of the hospital. Mild heart attack and this is his second and his second stent. Last time he was in he took the drugs they prescribed him for three months then took himself off of them. Is it standard procedure to prescribe a statin after a cath? Seems like it is and his cholesterol is not that high imho. Not as high as mine. He said the same thing as you.....rather have another heart attack than die of some neurological disease. Not sure yet what he's going to do. He's been eating healthy lc/hf for the past four years since his last heart attack....another mild one. But he can't seem to avoid the blood clot in his artery.

The standard today is that any time someone has a heart issue, a statin is likely prescribed at any age. Statins are prescribed to prevent heart events in all due to age, HBP, and other symptoms. Statins are perceived and routinely prescribed as a method to prevent the initial occurrence or re-occurrence of heart events due to those factors. I stress that I am not a doctor and am just providing my experiences from my own medical care. I have not had a heart event, but I'm in my late 60s, so I've had the statin recommendation due to my age and the incorrect interpretation of my NMR Lipid panel results. So, anyone with what is today considered high cholesterol or high LDL-C coupled with being older will be offered a statin. Pretty routine.