View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-08, 20:01

Plan: SB
Stats: 189/189/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:
Question New...with questions

Hi everyone! I've been doing this diet for about 2 weeks now. My past was very dubious - starved and binged on sugar as an adolescent, lost 80 lbs in my 20's with a low-fat diet and loads of exercise, but over the last 10 or more years I've leaned towards whole foods and lots of fiber. After having twins (they are 4 now) I have not been able to lose weight. Weight Watchers doesn't work for me anymore. The SP makes sense and appeals to me. My problem is I am having trouble figuring out how many carbs to eat. I know I have some insulin resistance because I have PCOS, but my fasting insulin levels are normal. I know that my adrenal glands are at least partially burned out, but I don't know how badly. Is it possible to heal quickly? I started out eating 15 grams of carbs at each meal/snack, then found I was waking up hungry so I increased to 20. I was feeling great and sleeping amazingly but all of the sudden I have headaches and am way too irritable (not good when you have two four year olds pushing your buttons!) I didn't have any chemicals to get off of - before starting this diet my only sugar came from Luna Bars and small amounts of dark chocolate. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Beth
Sponsored Links