View Single Post
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-09, 00:16

Plan: No Carb plan
Stats: 128/125/130 Female 5.5'
BF:
Progress:

My younger sister had breast cancer, and she beat it big time. I was totally impressed with her attitude. She told me that when she was diagnosed, and she made the effort to get all the info on the cancer, the treatment, and nutrition that she could. She went home and she yanked every product out of her kitchen cupboards that contained sugar; both pure sugar, and ingredients including sugar. Her husband supported her 100%. She read the book "Beating Cancer with Nutrition, Patrick Quillin, Phd., RD, CNS w/Noreen Quillin. The book had to say basically is that sugar is a cancer feeder. So, figure that if you eat white flour, corn, corn meal, corn tortillas, potatoes, white rice, etc.; they turn to sugar in your blood stream, and cancer sucks that up, and flourishes. Also, the resultant sugar turns your system acidic, which provides an excellent environment for the promotion of cancer. So, I'm not surprised at that study that showed Mexican women getting cancer from corn. She uses Stevia, as a sweetner, and told me about it. Every so once in awhile I try to use it in tea. But, if I use it in tea every day, in about 4 days, it makes my throat sore. It never fails, to give me a sore throat after about 4 days. So, I when I have tea, I just drink it unsweetened.