#43   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-19, 08:50

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaQ
Thanks for the replies everyone. I am on day 6 of Atkins and am feeling good, but struggling with the mental concept of never having bread, beer, ice cream again. I am hoping once a hit fat adaption I can have these treats very rarely and get back on track. This would be far in the future, but i need to believe that the plan would be workable for me long term.

What if you don't WANT them anymore? I can walk through my office break room, every surface covered in "treats," and easily ignore every single kind. I don't even feel sorry for myself.

If that mere thought bothers you, then you are likely using food in ways that aren't about food.

As someone who used to have an eating disorder which was only completely eliminated by low carbing, I am very familiar with using "food as a drug." No blame. It does work! But like all substance abuse, the downsides are enormous.

My best advice is to not worry about the future. It's not here yet. You are also not the person you will become, six months hence.

Let that person make the decision. Take some anxiety off you. Find better coping methods: we all have, and we are much happier for it.

Binges only made me feel better for minutes. Low carbing has helped me feel happier for years.