View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Wed, May-08-19, 04:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/167/160 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 88%

In my opinion, and experience, the longer you follow LCHF as the norm, the less that these thoughts enter your mind. My husband likes an occasional beer, but he makes sure it is occasional and only one, then he goes back to his low carb choices.
For me, so many things that I used to eat (and think I couldn’t live without) hold no temptation for me, I wouldn’t thank you for bread, pasta, rice etc, and my taste has changed completely - sweetness I find really offensive! But I make sure my food is tasty, interesting and satisfying and mealtimes are an event, not just grabbing something ‘on the go’.

We don’t actually have high carb stuff in the house, so that makes things easier. And I’m always very precise when ordering something in a restaurant. ‘Please don’t bring the bread basket and can you substitute xxx for xxx’.

If I have a desperate urge for something (our son lives in France where the bread is to die for and his wife is a wonderful Patisserie cook) I might literally have the end half inch from a breadstick, or a teaspoonful of a tart, and I find that actually satisfies my ‘curiosity’ about it, then I have a big chunk of lovely cheese instead of a whole piece of the dessert It’s working out strategies that you find useful!

But no, in my experience, if you go back to a standard diet and try to keep portion sizes down, to maintain your weight loss, you’ll be back where you started (and worse) in no time.