View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 11:45

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool hello again

It's great that you have bought the Heller's book, you really need to read it to fully understand this program. Everything you need to know is in there.

CAD was the first low carb diet I had tried, so I didn't have to "unlearn" the Atkins way of thinking, like you will need to do. There are some fundamental differences between the two plans, the Reward meal being a big one, of course, but there are others as well. CAD doesn't allow any snacking, except in one plan, a small low-carb snack once a day, whereas I believe Atkins allows unlimited snacks. That difference scares a lot of people when they switch, but they seem to soon find that they have no real desire for snacks on CAD, especially when they know that they can have some of their favourite foods at the reward meal.

And you will certainly never get bored on CAD because every single food in the world is available to you.

Read the book and feel free to ask anything. You might want to post your questions in the CAD/CALP forum, so that more people on the program will see them. But, here is fine too

Take care!
Tracy