View Single Post
  #662   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-20, 08:33

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Sunday Morning!

NIC- - I think that the weather warming up and giving us a break in that area is a huge help in all of this. It would be MISERABLE to have to actually not only "shelter in place" but not get outside for a walk- or soak up some sun!

I think having a schedule is key when you are home. I really had to do that when I was working from home. Even though I was working I did struggle a bit with...... I will pop in a load of laundry, clean the kitchen, knock off early. There was no rhyme or reason to it. The line sort of blurred work/life balance.

I think it is sorta cool you have the family back together! Does your DD and SIL come over often? How are they doing with the shelter in place? We joked at work their is going to be a boom in 9 months of Covid babies! HAHAHAHAH- I mean, you are stuck in the house with your love, food, drinks, music, - yup we will want a report! Nothing like being a grandma! It is amazing!!!!! I know in due time!!! HAHAHAH

Sorry to hear about a possible pay cut. I know what your hubby does....... Well I guess if everyone is home nobody gets in trouble right? Well I do know you all will be fine with you at the helm!
I feel for the people who are really struggling with no rainy day fund.

I am telling you - the comfort eating is a real thing right now country wide. I am hearing even reporters talk about when they go back to work they will need new clothes because they are all in yoga pants! Meal time is the highlight of the day when you are stuck in the house with nothing to do!
So I hear you- you are not alone in that!

Trig- Yup- best to get your yard and barn, fencing finish- we have rain rolling in.
I am going to cook up some bacon 2 packs for this week! I still have 4 more in the freezer. For some reason the stores are really keeping stocked up on bacon, eggs and now beef is plentiful. So we are good!!!!
Your salt bloat will be gone tomorrow- just water up!

Lori- - Gads on crappy weather. Yea my son lives in OH and has been complaining of the cold! It is hard to pry ones self out of the house in the cold. Hang in there you are just a week or so behind us.
Sometimes it is nice to just take a walk. I was thinking you might want to think about your next race. You signed up already for one right? Surely by the time it rolls around you will be Golden. Have you ever heard of the Peachtree race here in GA? It is one of the biggest in the country. They are taking applications now. If you are interested you would need to sign up now. They are saying that right now is the time to sign up because applications are down a bit. It happens July 4th. Something to look at!
Of course if you were here we would hang!!!!

Blue- - so do you have a standing appt now with your Zoom buddies? I just loved you got re-connected with your gal pals. So important right now in where we are all- home!

How is DS doing? I think of him often. I am fond of him the way we are all fond of each others kids on here. I feel as if I know them all! That is such a blessing we share our families with each other.

I so agree that - yes we might not always agree on everything- we are family on here too!!!!! We were blessed to have been able to meet even!
How goes it on the writing front?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Yup- I am fully PAINFULLY aware it is Sunday! I love my time at home. You would think with me having had the last 6 weeks off I would be rearing to go.

It's funny how fast I go right back into work mode and love my time off. That WAS the beautiful part of traveling. Work 13 weeks then off for 3 repeat. But hey- maybe it wasn't met to be right at this time. I can always decide I want to travel again, or not at this point.

So yes my mom said she would bust out 24 masks before tonight so I will have them to present tomorrow morning!
One for every person in my dept! I can imagine when the rest of the hospital sees them she will have more requests than she knows what to do with. She is doing the ones for our dept for free. She will then have another batch Wed. So everyone can have 2. Always a clean one. This is right up her ally

So, you all know that mom and I have a ton of issues. But when she is in her element doing what she does best is when she shines beautifully. This is truly one of those times. She truly has the gift of sewing, plus this gives her a real purpose, especially at this time when everyone is just sitting around.
So I am very grateful- I know my dept. will be too! I am hopeful they will at least send her a thank you card. If not I will get one and have everyone sign it, and mail it to her. She will love that.

Today- chilly but expected to really warm up. Rain later in late day. Today is laundry day and a walk. That is it. I will prep some dishes for the up coming week as well! I like to prep through Wed. Walk in and have dinner to just heat. The last thing I feel like doing after working a full day and driving home is cooking.

I feel really good physically. I am seriously trying to use the weekend to recharge and self care before I walk into the war zone again.
We all have huge adrenaline running coupled with such sadness at work. Everything is Covid, Covid, Covid. We get updates all day long. It also is a evolving plan. What might work in the morning needs shifted in the afternoon to assist other units, or accommodate patients.

The biggest issue for my dept. right now is where to send these patients that are medically stable to discharge - but they have all been exposed to Covid. They need to go to rehab, or a skilled nursing facility and nobody what to accept them, for obvious reason. So they hold up the bed for someone who desperately needs them. That then leads to fuller and fuller and fuller. We do have the "white party tents" being staffed by the medical national gaud out front. But we are full capacity.

So now the plan is... at least on Friday was to send the stable patients to our sister smaller hospitals to allow for hight acuity patients to come in. but even at best those will fill up. Then what? I am glad I am not in management right now. You know after being in management for the last 3-5 years I know the "look" I am seeing in management. This glazed and sad look of OMG what do we do.

I am happy as a lark to just have a worker bee job and go home and only worry about me. They are adding to my purse well to be a worker bee I might add. I found out Fri. that they added an additional grand bonus, it will be spread out. But hey- no complaints here. They added 6 grand to what I ask for and I upped that by 6 grand.
So I am doing better than traveling at the moment, without paying for 2 places, so really I am better off in that regard. Which is great. Time to pay off bills and start the rainy day fun again. Enough of that. I am grateful to have a job.

Is the job tough? It is the hardest I have had in my 21 years of nursing. The actual job is not super hard. I still have a learning curve- with process here ect. It is the Covid- and all it entails is something in my lifetime I have never experienced. It is war time nursing. It's something I never want to experience again. It will be time for me to retire if another pandemic hits.

They are comparing this to the 1918- and say it's worse on many levels. When the virus is over we (worldwide) and our country will be left with picking up the pieces from an economy stand point. Truly it is going to take a few years to bounce back in my thoughts. But we will bounce back. I also think we will as a country have learned some lessons from all of this. Lessons learned will be personally and from a country stand point. I know for me I will be better prepared for an emergency, regardless of what it is.

Also from a personal stand point, not to take tomorrow for granted. A better appreciation of people, time, and the simple things in life we rush by.

My neighbor and I had a conversation yesterday- She sat in her drive way and I sat in mine- about 50-70 feet. It was nice to touch base. Her mom is not fairing well. She is also losing hours at warp speed and will most likely be outta work next week. Good news she can collect unemployment.

Well- I am off to put in first load, sheets, bedding, towels. this means a fresh delightful bed to crawl into. I MIGHT get to this closet today! Sighhhhhhhhhh...... we all know I won't....

Have a good one ladies