View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-19, 10:53

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I can attest to the feeling of a high due to sugar consumption personally. I started to recognize the sensation when I was about 12 years old. If I had a piece of well-frosted cake, I would literally get a warm rush shortly after consumption, similar to what many get from certain drugs. This occurred well into adulthood on those occasions of a sugary dessert consumption until I finally realized that feeling was far from being a good indicator for my health. Whether the sensation was my body reacting to a large bolus of sugar and corresponding surge in blood glucose or something else, it was real. This was the initial rush as a response to sugar consumption. Several hours later, I'd want either another dose or to take a nap.

Imagine what this means to those doing this long term as a regular behavior. Health deteriorates over time, and yet, how many people do we know (I was one once) who rationalize sweets or desserts as part of a balanced diet. It's denial behavior characteristic of substance abuse or addiction.