View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-10, 03:49

Plan: Kwasniewski
Stats: 125/118/120 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

OK, more protein... But she was still gaining weight when she was eating more... Nevertheless, it's obviously most important to meet one's energy & health needs... I'll talk to her about increasing the protein.

I have Homo Optimus; Optimal Nutrition is on the way. We use Calculus Victus for ratio calculation, not for the gram recommendations, which in the software are incorrect. In terms of the weight loss ratio vs maintenance ratio, I gave her the maintenance ratio because I hoped the switch to low-carb would be enough on its own to correct any weight and metabolic issues. That's what happened to me - I lost dumpiness in the amount of about 6 pounds even though I was underweight to begin with... (Now I hope to gain muscle and bone mass.)

The tweaking is completely undesirable; I just want to get on with life! However, my daughter and I both want to learn how to nourish ourselves for a lifetime. I'm finally very comfortable with my diet, but she is not, yet... It seems my comfort zone is not working for her - totally fine and to be expected - but I'm out of ideas! Good advice here.

I've been encouraging her to be active. We walk daily and have no TV. She lifts and rides horses, but we could probably all use some more cardio. Her school work sometimes ties her to a desk for another 3 hours after sitting all day at school I'll keep this in my sights as well.

YES! We are both eating twice a day only. That was a big improvement in the comfort with the diet. Our only carb-y foods are oranges and 1 daily slice of Ezekiel bread as a ghee-vehicle. I checked a few of my daughter's menus and she's eating about 45g protein, 140g fat, and 35g carbs daily, about 1600 calories daily.

I will suggest that she check her BMI for another point of view.

Thanks for the info on the pear shape. She'll be happy to hear that!