View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 13:35

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

My take on fiber is pretty simple. Eat my whole vegetables and I will get my fiber.

While eskimos dont have a fiber rich diet, they did eat the stomach material of the carabou/reindeer. I wonder if they got stomache aches or did they eat this frequently enough to not get stomach aches??

I know when eating bread gave me stomach aches, I stopped eating bread. THis makes me think they would stop eating the lichen obtained from the reindeer.......unlesss....... the lichen was already pre digested by the reindeer. ......

I am not Inuit by heritage but Northern Erupoean/ Mediteanean....a long history of eating off the land and the seas.

I also wonder if the inuits only lived in the far north or did they migrate to follow the herds....... did they come down in to Canada and Alaska which are snow free for a few months of the year.....

Also what was there flora made of????

In ANimal Science we know that the GI adapts to new foods slowly.... so any food can work, if introduced slowly. The population of microbes will adapt to their new foods, and the % of each type will change based on their food. If the Inuit ONLY eat meat, then the microbes they have are adapted to a meat diet.

In South AMerica a newly discovered primative group have been studied-- they have 32 types of microbes. Many that do not exist in NA--thought to be gone due to diet and antibiotics and steriled foods.