Old Tue, May-20-08, 05:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 208/180/165 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Audacity of hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerdric
Is there any hope that this will affect the outcome? I mean I'll just be glad the message is sent, but I would rather see actual change.

There is every hope that this will make a big impact -- if we keep up the pressure. All of these boards and panels -- and most of all, the congress, are very heterogeneous. The conservative voices tend to overpower things but there are many people with open-minded attitudes. Many elected officials are thoughtful and want to do the right thing -- why their actual performance is so weak is supposedly excused by the multitude of different interests they have to respond to, but hope is certainly in order.

Remember the American Diabetes Association's recent take on low carb is, in my view, pathetic and misleading but they see it as a concession. Mostly, they gave in to the pressure that we brought. Personally, I think it was the Men's Health article that got to them but I and others have been corresponding with them for months. There is definitely hope that it can be done in a reasonable amount of time. There is certainty that, in the long run, the science will win out.

Audacity of hope? I like that. Would make a good book title.
RF