Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
Quote:
The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is that successful people are willing to do what the unsuccessful people are not.”

Exactly!

Maintaining your goal weight is hard, and to be successful at it you really do need to be willing to work at it and do whatever it takes.

I work out six days a week, and that includes three weight training sessions. I watch my carbs, keep well away from grains and any processed junk food, and practice mindful eating. I keep an open mind, and am also open to change if I feel that it is something that will work well for me. I work hard at maintenance because I feel the result is most definitely worth it.

I'm bumping this thread up again because it is right on target for where I am today. Last week, 12/18 was my 7th year since hitting my goal weight and not going back over it since then, not once!
Boasting much? yup!

I am not an anomaly of long term weight loss maintenance. Yes, the stats say that I am .....but I am not.
95% fail rate of dieters in keeping it off? No, I don't accept that because I've been there and been one of those failures, several times, at least.
The difference for me this time was that I decided to get my head out of the sand and face my reality ...stopped living in denial about it and get on the scale at least 3 times a week.
As I lost my weight, I learned many things...no processed foods, learned how to cook, no bars or shakes....I learned how much starch and fruit I can eat a day. I did not stay at Induction level of carbs during my 20 months of weight loss. I used the carb ladder and followed phase II of SBD...but greatly limited the whole grains stuff and now avoid wheat although I am not gluten free.

I've got more to say on this but if you are reading here, I highly suggest that you read this thread from the start.