View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 13:08

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Eric, I haven't heard/read people's saying that you can't lose weight on low-carb, but I have heard over and over again that it's not sustainable and it's boring. And here you go saying that it's hard to find low-carb foods -- adding fuel to their fire.

I disagree with all that. It is sustainable -- I've been low-carbing for over a year and a half, and I'm still going strong and loving it. And I have no trouble finding interesting low-carb foods without relying on the fake foods that try to imitate all the high-carb foods we avoid as low-carbers.

I eat lots of fresh vegetables and meats. I have tons of delicious low-carb recipes. My favorite snack right now is dill pickles and string cheese - Yum!

I suppose it might be easier for me since I am not so low-carb as many people following Atkins are (my program is The Schwarzbein Principle), but I don't eat any grains due to an adverse sensitivity to them, so that gets rid of a large group of foods that on TSP I could eat. On TSP we are discouraged from using all the processed low-carb foods that the snack/diet industry is devising, and I haven't gotten bored yet. And I haven't gone to any party yet where I didn't find some little nibble, such as a vegetable tray and/or a meat and cheese tray, to get me through until I can eat properly.

This is my way of life now. I wouldn't think of eating any other way.

;-Deb