View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-24-06, 13:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/196.5/124 Female 63 3/4 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%
Default Old, tired and fat!

I'd really like to find a buddy who is also struggling with the Scwarzbein program. I do believe in it; it's just hard. I've tried many approaches to weight loss but finally realize that I must handle my health first.

I'm lucky because I have a nutritionist to guide me through this, but I'd like to find someone to commiserate with. I know that I also have hypothyroidism, which, according to my nutritionist, is the reason I am so tired. (I'm taking Armour thyroid.)

I read the Schwarzbein Program book recently and experienced a big change in viewpoint. I'm working very hard at eating the most healthfully I can, and I do okay up to a point. The book is very helpful in explaining why I feel so awful, but is there somebody else out there who would like to share these experiences? I'm a 64-year-old retired schoolteacher. I use alternative medicine pretty much exclusively, which is probably why I have never had cancer, heart disease, or anything else life-threatening. I'm just TIRED! (and fat.)

Do I sound desperate? Well, I could use a friend. I'll try not to be TOO whiny.
Sponsored Links