View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-23, 08:33

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Thanks, Mike. Good article that accurately describes what I started experiencing when I reached my early 50s. That's when I started adding weight that normally I was able to manage, but as I ventured into my 50s, weight wasn't easy to reduce despite being physically active. In addition, I started getting cravings for crap foods with combined carbs and fats being the most desired. So, over 20 years ago, I knew I had a problem, and yet, didn't understand the full implications of that eating behavior's influence on my overall health. After a couple wakeup calls, I realized my WOE was not going to work long term, so I found and started low carb. The take away, and I don't believe it can be stated too strongly, is that poor eating behaviors from the early years of our lives add up over time and then the symptoms start. Today, symptoms like higher blood pressure, sleep apnea, skin tags, GERD, and most others are treated on their own islands and never as collective warning signs for Metabolic Syndrome caused by poor lifestyle. Thinking about this dynamic that many of us encounter as we age, I've concluded that the term "addiction" is on the mark. The worst part of this is that many of us in early years were purposely eating many things that are considered "healthy" and continue to be recommended for healthy diets to this day.