#22   ^
Old Wed, May-22-19, 14:37

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
The first thing I did when going low-carb was to cut out sweet soft drinks. If I eat at a restaurant it's non-sweetened ice tea because I hate chlorine tasting water. At home, I have my own deep well and drink water all day.

There are three things I drink that need sweetener for me, coffee, tea and hot cocoa. A good non-nasty aftertaste Stevia is fine for me. I tried Xylitol but it gave me intestinal discomfort.

If I drink coffee at a restaurant or pick some up at a convenience store, I'll use Splenda unless they have my first choice, Stevia.

I've been on Keto since the days when it was called Atkins Induction, and after so many years of not drinking soft drinks (diet or otherwise) I no longer crave those them, and I see no need for anyone to drink them. Ever since the first human evolved, we as a species have quenched our thirst predominantly with water. I see no reason to buck that trend.

Bob
There seem to be lots of people who will not drink anything that does not come sweetened from a bottle of fountain dispenser.