View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 21:20

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I have been doing the low carb thing for 17 years... some times better sometimes not at all.

What I know with great certainty, LC is healthier.

I have two cook books by DANA CARPENTER that I rely on for inspiration. Even my teen boys will pull these out looking for something. THey like brownies made with protein, either nut meat or protein powder like Muscle Milk.

ALso Chocolate Fluff is popular!! Based on diet chocolate pudding, tofu and whipping cream.

Arm yourself with a new pantry and new cookcooks.

Also both my son and I have low seratonin. ANd are prone to depression. SAMe is very effective. Read up on this one carefully to understand how and why it is used. Basically when we are in depression, our body doesnt make it. IMO I think my body just doesnt make it. The second supplement is 5HTP. THis is a seratonin precussor. My son is less irritable and therefore more happy when he takes a daily dose.

Dr Daniel Amen wrote extensivly about these supplements in his HEaling ADD book. It goes far beyond ADD, so dont let the title throw you off. He wrote the book because too few have access to real support for brain health.

You have lots of experience to rely on. Not your first rodeo! You can do this. Maybe slowing down the weight loss and enjoying a little more food would help. After all this is for life. It is not a race, though I understand how that mindset happens. Last fall I carefully calculated out a "reasonalbe" weight loss and in 2 months the first tonnage would be gone. LOLOLOL NOT. lol It is more important to eat the right foods, add a little movement and watch the scale. Adjust as necessary to make the scale go DOWN.

We all have relapses. You are not alone. One day you will have this weight off, and you will stay at a set weight without gain. It is a mind set, a goal, to be valued, to be tracked, to be monitored. You are worth it. You are worth putting yourself first.

We are here to help each other thru the ups and downs.