View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-20-18, 03:31

Plan: Ketogenic and OMAD
Stats: 325/283/185 Male 69 inches
BF:Sorry, don't know
Progress: 30%

I'm really encouraged, having found this forum, how much advice and information is available here to expand our knowledge/experience about living a permanent 'low carb' lifestyle.

The problem for me though, like many newbies no doubt, is knowing where to find/access the specific information required at any given time. For me, at the moment, I'm a little confused about what levels of protein, and fat I should be consuming at my 'stage' of the diet?

I realise I'm at the start of my diet of course, but where do I obtain specific advice about each stage, regarding consumption levels? Currently, my primary interest is in losing weight. From what I've learned, that advice would be modified once I reach my target weight and from then on, I'd only need to tailor that advice to maintain that weight.

Even though, as I explained in an earlier post, I've successfully lost weight on a 'Ketogenic' based diet back in 2011. There wasn't much 'learning' involved then. As I simply bought pre-packed meals, catering to placing my body into a state of ketosis. That company's advice was provided, but I felt it was mainly aimed at their system.

I considered doing that again, but felt, if I'm to live the LC lifestyle, I need to learn how to do it effectively, when having to make my own food choices. When I go online to learn about the science, the various ingredients and eating advice. It doesn't always relate to losing weight, often it's more related to 'the lifestyle.' I'd love to be able to separate those two advice pools.

Currently, I'm concerned, because of my slow weight loss, that I'm taking in too much fat, or 'unseen carbs' in foodstuffs at this early stage. (Yes, even though I use mainly basic, non-processed foods, I do read labels about carb content if necessary)

Because I work long hours, it doesn't always allow me to spend too much time 'digging' this information out. What I think would be a real help, is a list of 'acceptable' basic foods that I could 'mix and match,' not to become bored in a culinary sense and also, most importantly, still stay in ketosis...and to lose weight at a consistently better rate.

No doubt these sentiments/questions are expressed/asked by the vast majority of new starters. If anyone could provide a couple of helpful links that would be much appreciated. Thanks.