#87   ^
Old Mon, Apr-27-20, 16:45

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
This depresses me so much since, despite 14 years of pretty faithful LCHF, I'm still morbidly obese and stalled for 11 years now despite trying basically every "hack" that's come across the posts here during the 11 years I've been a member of these forums. Current hack is a nearly carnivore diet and keeping carbs below 20g daily, but even doing that my weight has been stalled for about 6 weeks now, bouncing up and down over about a 3-5 pound range. The story of my life including when I first tried LCHF/Atkins back in the 1997-2003 time frame. That time around I gave up and fell face down into the carbs after about 3 years stalled at around the same weight I'm currently stalled at, despite trying every recommended trick in the alt-support-diet.lowcarb usenet group that I was then a member of. Fell face down into the carbs in despair and as is typically the case I quickly gained it all back "and then some". Took me about 18 months to lose the 85 pounds I initially lost, but gained it all back in less than 6 months - and many many more pounds to boot.

So I vowed that would never happen again once I went back on LC in 2006, and indeed it hasn't. Ive lost 100+ pounds (took me about 3 years to lose it) but since 2009 I've still been stalled ever since. If I could even lose 10 more pounds I would be in the "obese" category rather than "morbidly obsese" but it just doesn't want to happen. I'm pretty convinced I'll die if I get Covid so I'm very stressed and totally self-isolating.

But a local woman got Covid even though, because she has multiple underlying health conditions, she had not been out of her house for 6 weeks. Staying home alone, getting all her groceries and goods delivered. But she got a food delivery one day and the following day the person who delivered the food came down with Covid.

So I do my best to stay under 20g of carbs (A few times it's popped up above that but not a lot above, still very low carb by usual standards.) My typical carb/protein/fat percentages typically run roughly 5/25/70. I don't specifically count calories but I track my foods here on MYPLAN and it gives you calories, so my calories in generally run in the 1300-2300 range. I normally fast 16-20 hours every day. I do some light exercise every day here at home. But as usual my weight just won't budge.

I suspect I still have a crummy immune system though I take my vitamin D3, K2, C, also magnesium, a specific multivitamin my doctor loves, various other things. But I still get nasty colds 2-3 times every year, and even had a bad case of pneumonia once during my strict low carb initial timeframe in the late 90s.

I just had my first meal of the day at 2:30 PM today - a cheese omelet with crispy baked bacon. That puts me at 1.9g of carbs, 52.8g of protein, 61.2g of fat, 776 calories. I may have a similar meal a bit later on. Each time I'm TOTALLY CONVINCED that this is the time I'll lose weight. You think I'd have given up on that sort of hope after 11 years.

Debbie, I am right with you on concerns and there is one thing to remember, the effects of LC are not always visible on the outside but I do know it is making a big difference on our overall health.