Old Mon, Jun-04-18, 03:57
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpavich
I'm going to have to agree with Cremorne, you don't seem to be following Atkins induction.

Have you read the book?

I THINK but don't remember that nuts aren't allowed on induction.

One issue is the meat thing; you should be eating mostly fat then protein, then carbs.

Check out the allowed induction food list and what Atkins says about what your meals should look like.

MEAT
Steaks • Corned beef • Lamb chops • Hamburger • Bacon • Any kind of meat in any quantity–except meat with fillers such as hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”

EGGS
Boiled • Fried • Scrambled • Poached • Omelet • Any style and with no limitations

FISH
All fish, including: Canned salmon • Tuna • Any kind of seafood including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, mussels, clams, scallops and pickled fish.

FOWL
Duckling • Turkey • Chicken • Anything with wings • No stuffing

CHEESE
Four ounces a day of any hard, aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.

SALADS
Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful loosely packed) from: Celery • Chicory • Chinese Cabbage • Chives • Cucumber • Endive • Escarole • Fennel •
Lettuce • Olives (Green or Black) • Onions • Pickles (Sour or Dill) • Parsley • Peppers • Radishes • Scallions • Watercress

CONDIMENTS
Salt • Pepper • Mustard • Horseradish • Vinegar • Vanilla and other extracts • Artificial Sweeteners • Any dry powdered spice that contains no sugar
Salad Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies.

FATS (BUTTER & MAYONNAISE)
Butter • Margarine • Oils • Shortening • Lard • Mayonnaise
(Fats have no carbohydrates.)

HEAVY CREAM
Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk–so don’t use milk.)

DRINKS
Water • Mineral water • Vichy • Club soda • Beef or chicken broth • Bouillon • Sugar-free diet soda • Coffee • Tea • Decaffeinated coffee. Special note on caffeine and Diet Coke…should be limited to six servings (cups) per day. If….low blood sugar…limit it to three.

JUICE
Juice of one lemon or lime

NOTES
* Unlike later versions of Atkins, which subtracts fiber or sugar alcohols from the total carbohydrate counts, Atkins 1972 counts total carbohydrates, with no omissions for fiber or sugar alcohols.

Atkins, R. (1972). The revolutionary never-hungry no-limit steak-and-salad-plus diet. Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution. (pp. 136-138). New York: Bantam Books.

I've read the book and she's following Atkins induction pretty closely. Am I reading a different menu than you? Because I don't see where she's deviating from this list.