View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jul-15-20, 15:16

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I saw that article earlier. I actually wasn't surprised about the recommendation of no sugar for babies - You wouldn't believe the number of people who will feed their kids organic this and sugar free that, but will still give the baby a taste of whatever they're eating, no matter how processed or sugared it might be.

A few decades ago I let someone I didn't know very well hold my firstborn at the dinner table. She was eating ice-cream, dipped her finger in her ice cream to scoop up a small blob, and popped her finger right in my baby's mouth, without bothering to ask if it was ok to give her a taste of ice-cream. I was furious, not so much about the sugar, even though I knew it wasn't good for a baby to have sugary foods. My real issue with it was that my baby was up all night, miserable with a belly ache, because she had problems with dairy, and if this person had simply asked before feeding her the ice-cream, a night of pain could have been avoided.

I never gave my kids baby food. They ate what we ate, but what we ate at the time wasn't laced with sugar and salt either, so it was the equivalent of no added ingredients baby food, but fresher.