View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-07, 06:06
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Interesting article. So what does this mean for us---the maintainers? Well, for one thing it reminds me that I NEED to connect with this area of the forum!!!! So, hey there. Princess Sara officially signing in. I'm not sure which threads I will participate in, but Eno has given me the invitation and this article is registering with me.

I decided to check this thread out because I find that people do not really want to listen to maintainers as much as they want to hear from someone with a "quick fix" idea. They ask, we answer, then someone starts waving a quick weight loss idea and they are off running with the pack. Does anyone else find that happening. We aren't very exciting people, are we? We are the old farts sitting in the rocking chairs giving our viewpoints on life as we know it.

I figure the people trying to lose the weight will understand eventually. At least I hope they will because that means they will eventually lose the weight. And, I sincerely wish success for EVERY obese person. Being fat is a miserable way to live for most of us. Maintaining isn't exciting. It doesn't provide the rush of seeing the scale drop. It means tenacity. It means changing priorities--and committing to the priority of being thin. It means turning a cynical eye at magical thinking---and rationalizations.

I do not share my story for an ego boost. I don't take it personally when they don't respond to what I'm writing or saying. I do, however, have a need to share my experience. It goes back to my 12-step roots. It helps me to give it away. What the listener/reader does with the information isn't my "stuff." I try to make a conscious effort to detach from the response to my words. People who are "inspired" by my story and want to hear about my experience will file the info away and keep moving through their journey.
Thanks for posting this article.
Sara<><