View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-19, 12:59

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Im with you on this.

Vitamin D3. Last winter I was SAD free!! For the first time in decades of coping with degrees of depression. Drugs like Zoloft allowed me to function and get off the couch when in a severe depression; however, the side effect was the zombie effect. Dumped the Zoloft and learned to stand in the sunshine and dread 4 consecutive cloudy days, knowing that fourth 24 hrs was an hour by hour struggle to get thru. Then over a year ago I started supplementing with D3, high doses. 5000 units in sumner, then to 10,000 in October thru winter. Had a good winter last year.

This year Im looking forward to winter and enjoyed the fall like never before. Fall always my favorite season, but thus year the dread of short days is gone.

This winter will be better than last year.

All due to daily dose of Vit D3, far higher than RDA.

FRUIT. It is over rated. And I am growing apple trees, peaches, cherries and pears. Hoping to plant oawoaw and persimmon this year, and add more bush berries to the raspberries and mulberries. It us about moderation. Not 5-7 servings a day. But in snaller amounts. I like small apples. In a world where large and extra large RED apples dominate due to consummer pressure.

And vegies are more green leafy and sprouts . Not corn, fewer beans, little soy, few peas. Few root crops. Figure fresh dug potatoes from our own gardens is better than grain products; and hope to grow sweet potatoes next year as the greens are edible and the root stores well.

How many people actually eat 2 cups of leafy greens and a cup of other veggies a day??